PRF (Platelet Rich Fibrin)
The Ultimate Blood Concentrate. The New PRP.
The use of blood concentrates is becoming more popular in medical aesthetics. PRF(Platelet Rich Fibrin) is the latest in blood concentrates used in Wellness and Medical Aesthetics to help men and women look, feel and function optimally. Dr. Durst and RevitalyzeMD are always learning the newest scientifically based techniques to get the best results for our patients. RevitalzyeMD is one of the first medical practices in the SouthEast to add PRF to their Medical Aesthetic and Wellness services. Therefore, RMD is also one of the most experienced in the various applications of PRF.
What is PRF?
PRF is Platelet Rich Fibrin. Blood platelets have hundred of growth factors that are important in the healing process. The Growth factors in platelets and blood communicate with the stem cells in an area to stimulate regeneration of tissue. PRF is processed differently than PRP so that it has more than just platelets in PRF. The additional cells are WBC, cytokines and Mesenchymal Stem Cells. It also has no additives or anticoagulants. Therefore the blood clotting takes place normally and the fibrin in the clot acts like a mesh to hold the platelets in the area injected for an extended period of time. This is similar to our normal clotting process in the body. Then the growth factors are released from the platelets over a 7-10 day process. This slow release of growth factors results in more healing and regeneration.
What is the difference between PRF and PRP?
PRP and PRF are very similar but do have distinct differences that make PRF more ideal in certain aesthetic applications.
- Both come from your own blood. We draw your blood and process it to get PRP and PRF.
- We are using the growth factors in your blood to stimulate regeneration in the area injected.
- PRP processed at a higher speed for a longer period of time. We do this to separate all out all the cells from the platelets.
- PRP has an anticoagulant that is part of the processing that keeps the blood concentrate thinned so as to have a longer time to inject the PRP. This is needed in areas that are more difficult or time consuming to treat.
- PRF is processed at lower speed for less time. We do not separate all cells out and so PRF has concentrated platelets but also WBC, Mesenchymal stem cells.
- PRF had no additives or anticoagulants The natural clotting happens in the blood drawn so it has to be injected fast or it will clot and prevent injection. Once it is injected into an area then the clot forms. Fibrin is part of the clot. This fibrin acts like a mesh that keeps the platelets in place so that the growth factors are released over 7-10 days.
- PRF and that slow release of growth factors is what happens naturally in the body with healing and regeneration after an injury.
How can this new science of PRF help me look more youthful?
Under Eye Area Treatment
The under eye area, dark hollows or eye bags are a difficult area to treat. PRP has been used for years to treat this area. PRF is showing better results than PRP because the PRF releases those growth factors over time —resulting in better regeneration of collagen, elastin and blood flow.
- It thickens the skin under the eye.
- It improves fine lines and wrinkles
- It improves color and discoloration.
- PRP and PRF is the only thing that improves discoloration.
- It fills out lost volume.
We combine treatments under the eyes to get the results you want. PRF is recommended in almost all cases. Filler can be used after PRF to get a perfect correction but only after the skin has been thickened.
Before & After PRF Under Eye Area
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
PRF can be a more natural way to rejuvenate the face. More PRF is injected into multiple areas. This helps restore Volume and lift in a more natural way. It can also be combined with filler for more prominent results.
Common areas injected:
- Under eyes
- In front of the ears.
- Jowl area and temples.
- Brow lift
- Into the skin for thickening the entire skin structure
- Often combined for Laser skin resurfacing for even better results.
Before & After PRF Facial Rejuvenation
We lose 10% of lip volume every 10 years. We lose collagen and moisturizing ability. PRF helps us rebuild collagen and increase blood flow to the lips to help our cells function optimally. PRF can be a natural alternative to filler in the lips. It would take more treatments with PRF and you would not get the enhanced results you get with lip filler. But if you are nervous about filler, then PRF can be another option. It can also be used with filler with amazing results.
Before & After PRF Lips Treatment
PRF Hair Restoration
Hair loss and hair thinning is a distressing issue for both men and women. It erodes confidence and how we face the world each day. Hair restoration is a difficult process. The techniques we have used change yearly as the science changes. All the changes are attempts at getting better results without the need for hair transplant as hair transplant is both expensive and time-consuming.
PRP has been used for years. Exosomes is a new technology. Combining different modalities to treat hair loss is the best approach. Cellular nutrition and hair growth nutrients are part of that process. PRF is now the cornerstone of our injectable hair restoration treatments. We can combine PRF with other treatments such as Exosomes or with our latest Laser Hair restoration treatment KeraLase™. Read more about KeraLase™.
PRF is the new PRP in regard to hair restoration.
PRF is the new PRP with a different processing, more pronounced release of growth factors and what does that mean for you?
Better Results! If you want to learn more about PRF treatments and which ones may be right for you then text or call us at 865.293.5828.
We are here to Revitalyze your look, your health, and your sex life!