Corona Virus and Immune Support
We are in unprecedented times worldwide and are currently being bombarded with information about COVID-19 Virus, also known as the Coronavirus. It is hard to process the overload of information and not be fearful. There is isolation and quarantine. There are overwhelming media reports. There is a huge economic impact. We want to provide some facts so that you can make educated decisions about your health. We also want to stress that we can all do our part to help support ourselves, our loved ones, our communities and global health
Here are some straight facts:
- It is a virus, so antibiotics are ineffective.
- It is a novel (new and unknown) virus which has prompted concern about spread.
- The first case was November 2019 in China. That led to an outbreak in subsequent months.
- It is spread by respiratory droplets from person to person.
So the people with the highest risk of becoming infected are:
- Those having close contact with someone infected by the virus.
- Those living in an area of ongoing spread.
Most symptoms are similar to common cold:
- Shortness of breath
- Pneumonia, multi-organ failure or in some cases death.
How to protect ourselves and family on a daily basis:
- Social distancing
- Movement restriction-avoiding travel to affected areas
- Avoid contact with others that are sick or symptomatic
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes with unwashed hands.
- Wash hands frequently and for 20 seconds in warm water
If you are sick:
- Stay home and avoid close contact with others.
- Do not share food or drink with others.
- Clean surfaces that are most often used and do so frequently.
There is no vaccine for the Coronavirus, however, immunity to viruses happens fast. Continue to use the usual everyday preventative actions to help prevent infection.
More FACTS ABOUT RISK AND Case Related Fatality (CRF):
Highest mortality in China was:
- City Epicenter of Epidemic. 12.2%
- Same province outside City 4.2%
- In China, outside province 0.9%
- 218,544 cases
- 8938 deaths
- Population 1.39 B
- 0.0156 % of the population got the virus
- 0.00064 % of the population that died
Italy started having cases in February and seems to demonstrate that the first onset and first month of spread in an area is the worst.
- 60.48 Million population in Italy
- 35,713 cases
- 2978 Deaths
- 0.06 % of population got the virus
- 8% of this population that died4
- Italy has the oldest population in Europe
- The average age of deaths related to the Corona Virus in Italy is 81 years old 2
- Most likely, Italy was hit hard because it is the second oldest population on earth and the young are often in close contact with elderly, increasing the risk of transmission.3
- Population: 327million.
- 0.003% of population has the virus
- We have approx. 9000 cases
- 150 deaths
- 0.000046 % population of deaths
- Italy has 35,000 cases
- US is more than 5X the population of Italy
- The US has 150 deaths
Overall death rate of the coronavirus is low, especially when compared to annual global influenza death rates:
- Influenza deaths globally from respiratory causes average 389,000.
- Seasonal Influenza global mortality is 250,000 – 500,000
Take home points:
Early intervention is key and the US has been on top of it quickly! Rapid spread occurs early but is unlikely with early intervention. The population at risk are the same populations that are at risk with any infection. The body is amazing at building immunity and does so quickly with any new insults!
As the virus spreads, the incidence and the death rates will significantly decrease. The high initial death rate in China was likely due to multiple factors: a new virus, an unprepared healthcare system, and lack of quickly implementing preventative measures. Immunity rises fast with new microbes. Extreme Containment is underway.
There is a lot of talk about asymptomatic or non-tested patients that are infected. However, as long as the death rate is not high in a population, then there is no need to know how many carry the virus. The CDC recommends social distancing and staying at home if sick, as with any infection.
As has always been the case with new infections, epidemics, pandemics or viral outbreaks regionally, the highest people at risk are the extremes of age. Those with significant medical conditions are also at high risk, such as patients receiving chemotherapy or the immunosuppressed. This is true with the coronavirus as well. Those with medical conditions such as these should heed extreme social distancing to help prevent infection.
We all need to heed the warnings and governmental policies during this period. But what can we do to help protect ourselves and loved ones?
- Limit the news and media. We have no control over others, just ourselves. Fear is not helpful or realistic (see the stats above of the coronavirus vs influenza mortality).
- Social distancing.
- The usual preventative measures that should be taken during any virus season.
- Limit travel and exposure to sick contacts.
At Revitalyze MD, we offer products and services that are high in demand to boost, support and sustain the immune system!
Revitalyze MD do offer many services that are in high demand that support the Immune system.
Silver has been used worldwide for centuries as a strong immune support and anti-microbial. Our products are professional grade with special nano-particle technology. There are many different forms – from lozenges to gel to liquid – to implement into your daily routine, and are so important as part of your everyday regimen right now!
Vitamin C and Vitamin D supplements: Vitamin C has been proven to hugely support the immune system and should be taken daily. Vitamin C is particularly helpful in fighting viruses by stimulating healthy function of natural killer cells, the cells responsible for ridding the body of cells infected by viruses. Vitamin D aids in facilitating normal immune system function and unfortunately, the majority of the population is deficient in the vitamin, making it easier to become sick. Both Vitamin C and Vitamin D should be taken daily year round to support immunity among many other benefits.
High Dose Vitamin C IV: IV therapy has always helped to detox the body and provide immune support. Dr Durst formulated a special IV treatment targeted to specifically focus on immune support.
RevitalyzeMD C Immune Boost with high dose Vitamin C!
Vitamin C has so many beneficial effects! It supports white blood cell function and antibody production to kill microbes and is a powerful antioxidant!
Peptides provided only at RevitalyzeMD help support the body to regain what it has lost and get the body back to a state of functioning optimally. Many of our peptides provide immune support, in addition to many other powerful effects!
Stem Cell Injections: Stem cells are showing promise to be a powerful stimulators of the immune system! There is at least one case of a patient in China in critical condition with the coronavirus that fully recovered after a Stem Cell injection.Here is more information: