Baggy Eye Reduction | Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty | Eye Filler | Knoxville, TN
Are your eyes aging you? Do you wonder, "How can you treat the dark circles under my eyes?"
A lot of people are wondering: how to get rid of bags under eyes? How to get rid of dark circles under eyes. Is there such a thing as eye filler? What eye treatments make you look awake? What treatments are there for tired-looking eyes?
- Tear Troughs
- Eye bags
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Lines under the eyes
- Eye wrinkles
- Tired look
- Volume loss under the eyes
The skin under the eye is the thinnest skin in the body. There are definite changes as we age. These changes are multifactorial. The changes are dynamic and worsen with age. Bone loss results in lack of soft tissue support. We have fat pads in the area that can decrease in size. The skin thins with age and this results in wrinkle lines and darkening under the eyes.
This can be one of the most bothersome areas for patients but also some of the most challenging for providers to treat. It does require a skilled injector as treatment of filler in this area can carry a high risk of complications.
Five ways to treat tired-looking eyes to give you a refreshed and youthful look!
1. Skin care productsThere are products that are designed to help thicken the skin in this area. This is a necessary part of the treatment as the underlying causes area addressed as well.
- Intense Eye Cream by ZO Skin Health https://zoskinhealth.com/products/intense-eye-creme This is a targeted retinol eye treatment to reduce visible wrinkles and fine lines. Improves texture. Optical diffusers reduce look of dark circles and puffiness. Retinol product.
- Eye Brightening Creme by ZO Skin Health https://zoskinhealth.com/products/eye-brightening-creme This product is great for Age > 40 with many ingredients in it that help with fine lines, skin’s elasticity and puffiness. Retinol product.
- New product by ZO Skin Health https://zoskinhealth.com/products/growth-factor-eye-serum Uses ZO® Growth Factor Technology with a peptide and HA to quickly improve wrinkles, plump and fill in creases. Non retinol product.
- A.G.E. Eye Complex by SkinCeuticals. We Sell in the office! This silky eye cream includes peptides to help wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness. Has optical enhancers to help with darkening under the eyes. Alcohol and dye free. Non retinol product.
- Sunscreen by ZO Skin Health. Many products available. A fav. https://zoskinhealth.com/products/sunscreen-primer-spf-30?variant=31618262237299 This dual-action sunscreen, with ZOX12® complex, protects against the damaging effects from UVA/UVB and IR-A rays, and from HEV light. Hydrates and doubles as a makeup primer for a smooth matte finish, diminishing skin imperfections.
2. PRF (Platelet Rich Fibrin)
PRF is similar to PRP(Platelet Rich Plasma) and either can also be used for effective under eye treatments. With PRP or PRF, we draw your blood and spin it down to get a concentrated form of platelets. Platelets have growth factors in them and we inject that golden elixir of platelets to stimulate collagen, elastin and blood flow. PRF is a slight variation of PRP as it is processed differently to gel and stay in place longer to have effect. Both are amazing treatments for improving the tear trough or dark circles under the eyes.
- MN without energy or Skin pen.
- MN with energy or Morpheus.
- Application of PRP after the microneedling. The microchannels allow for good absorption of the growth factors or product for 10-15 minutes after the MN treatment.
4. FillerFiller is an excellent correction in the tear trough region, when properly chosen and placed by a skilled provider. It is very important you chose your provider wisely. Filler done poorly in this area may show immediately or it can be delayed. It can affect lymphatic drainage with swelling that happens weeks or months later. It can also be too superficial in placement with immediate visible consequences. Here are some examples of poorly placed filler:
5. Laser. SmoothEye® or Eyelase®
SmoothEye® is done with our Fotona laser. It is a laser treatment to the periocular (around the eye) region. It can involve only the outside of the eye. It is a great way to lift and tighten the upper eyelid. In addition, it will resurface the periocular region. Stimulate collagen and elastin. Reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Tighten the skin and enhance any other treatments being done. It can also reduce your need for filler or can be used instead if you are opposed to filler injections around the eye. It carries less risk than filler treatment under the eyes.
EYE BAGS. We have all seen them. One of the reasons Dr. Durst loves this laser is the ability for us to treat eye bags. This treatment involves laser treatment around the outside but also lasering from inside the eye to kill and reduce the fat pad that can cause eye bags. This is different than volume loss in the under eye area. Eye bags are much harder to treat. The only options are SmoothEye® or Eyelase® Fotona treatment as your non-surgical option, or surgical removal of the fat pad.
Here’s a third party blog about this treatment, so you can read another source!
The bones are the framework or scaffolding for the face and eyes. The muscles, fats and skin drape over the bones. At RMD, we are comprehensive in cell health optimization to help support even the bony framework. That could include hormone and Vitamin D optimization.
Professional skin care products thicken the skin in the under eye area. We have multiple services that support Collagen, elastin and blood flow stimulation–these include PRF, PRP, laser and Microneedling. Full correction of Volume deficits is done with advanced techniques of Filler placement under the eye. Often it is a combination of treatments to get the best results. The correction needed depends on the age, the skin age and the level of correction desired.
At RMD, our goal is to keep the face balanced and proportionate in our treatments. This allows us to achieve aesthetically pleasing results with just the right lights, shadows and contours. Our goal is to keep you looking naturally young!